Sue Ross Recruitment are working with a specialist food manufacturer in the recruitment of Technical Assistant.
As a Technical Assistant, you will be working within the Technical/Quality Assurance Team reporting directly into the Technical Manager. You shall be assisting the Technical Manager ensuring that all matters relating to food safety, technical, legality and quality are adhered to and maintained.
The role will be both factory and office-based and responsibility will include the following
- Dealing and investigating customer complaints, making sure they are thoroughly investigated and the root cause behind the complaint
- Conducting GMP Audits and issuing out non-conformance for corrective actions
- Trending results and generating monthly technical reports
- Assist the Technical Manager with BRCGS Audit and customer Audits
- Issue Internal Audits and maintain the sites internal audit systems
- Working alongside NPD to gather information on new products from Kitchen samples, factory trials and to launch
- Assist in HACCP reviews
- Assist the QA Assistants when required
- Work on projects as and when required
- Investigation of non-conforming products and ensure that corrective actions are completed to root cause
- Assist in collecting and sending micro/chemical samples to the laboratory for analysis
- Organise the testing of equipment that requires calibration
- Assist in the maintenance of site documentation and traceability
Experience and Attributes
- Previous experience working within a Technical role within food manufacturing required
- Understanding of internal and customer specifications
- Understanding of BRCGS, HACCP and Food Safety Quality Management Systems
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate at all levels
- A strong passion for quality and technical with ambitions for continuous improvements and promoting a positive food safety culture
- Able to work well within a team but also stand alone and be a self-motivated individual who is confident, flexible and proactive and can work well under pressure and to target deadlines.
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for expressing an interest in one of our roles and wish you the very best in your search for employment.