Sue Ross Recruitment are working for a well established international manufacturing company based in the Hope Valley in Derbyshire.
They are recruiting for an experienced Procurement/Purchasing Assistant to join their small, dedicated team.
The role will be based within the Purchasing Department and will provide key procurement support to the Purchasing Manager and other areas of the business to ensure continuity and efficiency of production and supply.
- Work with relevant departments to manage inventory requirements with the use of ERP/MRP system.
- Facilitate timely placement of purchase orders. Manage and maintain required stock and safety stock levels.
- Liaise with suppliers regarding orders, delivery dates and costs.
- Expedite procured items to minimize production disruption.
- Work closely with Goods In and suppliers to handle any quality and quantity issues with procured items.
- Update internal business system with product and supplier details where required.
- Maintain records and documentation within the department to allow full traceability.
- Develop relationships with internal stakeholders to understand future requirements.
- Contribute to the development of Procurement performance.
- Help to develop and implement KPI’s to analyse & improve supplier performance.
Key skills and qualifications:
- Previous experience with MRP/ ERP systems.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office – Excel & Word.
- Experience in managing and negotiating with suppliers.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have the ability to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision, prioritise work load and the skills to be a good team player.
- A minimum qualification in an appropriate subject to HND or Degree level.
- A desire to gain professional qualification, i.e. CIPS.
- Previous experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to understand internal and external technical information.
- Salary dependent on experience and qualifications.
- Company Incentive scheme.
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Plan with 7.5% employer contributions and a death in service policy.
- 22 days holiday, plus statutory days.
- Early Friday finish, at 12.30pm
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for expressing an interest in one of our roles and wish you the very best in your search for employment.