Sue Ross Recruitment are working with an established manufacturing company who supply their products to the new build/construction sector.
Due to continued success they have the need to recruit a new member to their team who can oversee all matters relating to administration. You will lead, manage and motivate the office teams (Customer Services and Order Processing) to a professional, and efficient standard, ensuring continuous improvement and that customer’s needs and expectations are met and overall customer satisfaction is achieved.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review, revise and streamline current procedures, processes, and standards, introducing recommended and cost-effective changes where necessary to increase efficiencies and timeliness.
- Implement new procedures, processes and standards where required which also assist in any necessary improvements to the departments (as above).
- Devise and maintain individual and departmental targets and KPI’s.
- People and performance management – Measuring team and individual performance against targets and assessing training & development needs / skills gaps with the objective of increasing overall performance and creating a flexible, effective, and multi-skilled office team.
- Undertaking relevant training sessions with individuals where training needs have been identified or where performance falls below the required standard.
- Manage performance issues with staff through one to one’s and reviews, implementing subsequent corrective action via a performance improvement plan.
- Liaise with HR when triggering the capability / disciplinary procedure with regards to poor performance and conduct issues.
- Setting and measuring customer satisfaction goals and working with the team to meet them on a consistent basis.
- Producing written information / instructions / procedures for customers, along with a feedback / complaint’s procedure.
- Chairing regular departmental management and team meetings to discuss team performance against targets and expectations and address any issues / concerns.
- Compiling reports and analytical date to determine the level of customer service the team is providing and to also highlight patterns of unnecessary costs incurred to the business
- Assessing risks, implementing, and managing change, monitoring, and reporting outcomes and driving continuous improvements.
- Working collaboratively with the Internal Operations Manager and the wider planning team to ensure that a robust and effective system in place.
- Ensuring that all administrative processes are followed to ensure compliance for all day-to-day duties.
- Developing good positive working relationships at all levels to improve co-operation and enhance productivity with both external and internal customers.
Applicants must have the following:
- Experience of working within a similar management position
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Excellent computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Ability to monitor and drive performance improvement using lean tools, reviews, KPI’s etc
- Cost Management
- Maintains a high standard with a professional attitude and approach to work
- Works well under pressure and can multi-task when working to deadlines
- Positive and energetic with a determined and can-do attitude
- Self-motivated and acts on own initiative
- ILM5 qualification or equivalent
- experience gained within a manufacturing/engineering environment
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for expressing an interest in one of our roles and wish you the very best in your search for employment