Sue Ross Recruitment are working with a major international engineering company with offices based in Rotherham, close to Meadowhall. They are recruiting two Management Accountants to join their established finance team.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will have a broad range of duties and responsibilities that include:
- Preparation of specific parts of the monthly management accounts
- Preparation of other elements of the monthly accounts (including group reporting
- Monthly review, analysis and commentary of the accounts. Challenge business performance and develop data to allow this. Reporting back to the business on results and plans/forecasts
- Ensure the accuracy of standard costing systems, including a minimum annual review of the product standards involving liaising with production colleagues to ensure that product costing reflect the reality of what is happening on the factory floor
- Ensure product codes and business reporting structure is at a required level to properly and fairly report the business area’s gross margins
- Provide finance support to the allocated business areas including weekly review of costs with the operations team and review of product profitability
- Weekly critical review of flash estimates made by the allocated business area to ensure that they have been produced on a reasonable basis
- Continuous identification when improvements can be made within the finance department
- Preparation of annual budgets and interim reforecasts for submission in March, June and September. To include bridging between current and prior budgets / reforecasts and critical review of budgets to ensure that variances are explained and correct
- Provide support on preparation of capex proposals, ensuring that the financial justification has been prepared on an appropriate basis and can be substantiated. Review of the overall capex proposal ensuring consistency, accuracy and clarity to the professional standards required
- Ability to maintain the fixed assets register as required including posting of depreciation and addition of new capital projects
- Involvement in the day to day operation of accounting systems to ensure continuous improvement Review of existing systems documentation looking to implement / improve / update
- Assist in foreign currency hedging and cashflow preparation
- Preparation of VAT returns and intrastat reporting to required timescales Completion of national statistics forms
Required Education and Experience
Educated to 2:1 degree level (or equivalent)
Wants to work for a manufacturing company and wants the challenges this gives – processes, people, deadlines
Desire and firm plan to become a qualified accountant (CIMA preferred, ACA/ACCA) with an expectation of qualification within 3 years if unqualified
Awareness of the impact of working in a multi-currency environment
IT Skills – high degree of ability to utilise Excel (including: multiple levels of nested logical and relational formulas, visual basic)
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for expressing an interest in one of our roles and wish you the very best in your search for employment.