Salary: £25,000- £35,000 DOE
Company Accountant: Sheffield
To register your interest in this role, click below to add to your basket.
Add to Basket
Sue Ross Recruitment are delighted to be working with a successful family-run metallurgy manufacturing company, based in S9, currently employing 70+ staff. This is a very exciting new role due to expansion and offers candidates a fantastic opportunity to progress their career. Reporting to the Managing Director, this role will ensure the delivery of business objectives through the provision and interpretation of key financial management information. You will maintain and enhance the company’s accounting procedures and will line-manage two accounts/office staff and be responsible for the payroll on a stand-alone basis and ensure that all daily, weekly and ad-hoc tasks are completed within set timescales.
Key duties include:
- Ensure compliance with Accounting Codes of Practice is achieved and maintained. Act in accordance with Financial Regulations, Standing Orders, Financial Instructions, procedures and guidelines at all times.
- Produce accurate financial reports for senior management
- Managecash flow.
- Reconciliation of accounts, statistical returns, VAT advice and compliance, supervision of bank reconciliation, VAT returns.
- Liaise with advisors on insurance policies and insurance claim issues.
- Overseeaccounts administration (liaising with Sales re overdue payments)
- Complete monthly payroll administration and all aspects of time and attendance processes to resolve payroll concerns. Process leavers, calculate A/L entitlement and final salary payments.
- Administer and maintain personnel and salary records in compliance with GDPR requirements.
- Conduct ad-hoc duties such as but not limited to; GDPR & Accounting audits grants, voluntary funds, and any other reasonable task asked of you.
- Carry out Line Management responsibilities appropriately of 2 Office staff
- Ensurefinancial policies are being adhered to as set out in the Company policies
- Supports Managing Director in the conduct of their Financial duties
- Attend appropriate employment seminars and other training events to keep up to date with payroll/ financial legislation.
- Work in accordance with Company Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental management policies.
There is developmental scope within the role, eventually leading to taking over the whole payroll process to include;
- Proactively implementing procedures to ensure that payroll is processed accurately.
- Complete Pension returns.
- Processing PAYE, NIC
- Dealing with HMRC and keeping in line with all current legislation.
- Maintain financial records and produce regular financial management information, budgets and Company annual accounts.
- Ensure the Company maximises income from available grants and other forms of finance and administer such grants.
- Manage foreign exchange and contracts with utility and communication systems suppliers.
- Foster relationships with the Company’s bankers and other external professional advisers.
Hours of work: Full-time: 37.00 hours per week, Monday to Friday. (7.5 hours per day, with 30 minute unpaid lunch, Mon-Thu and 7 hours on Friday with 30 mins unpaid lunch.) Flexibility on starting and finishing times- to be discussed.
- Free car parking.
- Free financial adviser meeting after completing probationary period.
- Annual profit share bonus: 10% of gross profit split equally between all eligible staff.
- Essential: Either a Finance & Accounts Degree, or minimum part qualified AAT / CIMA / ACCA
- Desirable: Chartered institute of payroll professionals
Skills and Experience:
- IT literacy e.g. advanced Microsoft Excel / Sage 50.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Ability to prepare and management accounts.
- Payroll processing experience.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent attention to detail and appreciation of the importance of getting the work done accurately and timely.
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Able to produce accurate records for compliance purposes.
- Be confident with making evidence-based decisions.
- Be reliable & trustworthy.
- A proven high level of understanding of accounting processes. Ability to do manual calculations.
- To be able to work in a professional manner to uphold the reputation of the company.
- Maintain effective working relationships with the Company’s stakeholders and external parties.
- Continually develop and improve financial IT systems and processes.
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for expressing an interest in one of our roles and wish you the very best in your search for employment.